Saturday 5 January 2013

 CCW'S SCRAP MAP

  Here is my first layout for Creative Craft World's monthly scrap map challenge.  All the design team members were given the same sketch to work with and it's a corker!  

  Now I'm not a scrapbooker - layouts scare me but I was determined to have a go and see what I could come up with.  One of my new year's resolutions was to finally get around to using my smash books (I have quite a few) so I decided to use the sketch and "smash" my first page.  Here's what I came up with:



  I used Kaisercraft's rock pool papers and some photos of two of my boys on the beach at Southport from last year.  There is some hidden journalling underneath the top picture.
  
  Thanks for stopping by, please check out Creative Craft World's challenge blog to see how the other DT members interpreted the sketch, and also if you fancy having a go yourself there's a fantastic prize up for grabs.

7 comments:

  1. cute- love the colours you have used my fellow newbie .. hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the CCW DT, Mel. It seems like you've been with us for ages! I love that you have used the sketch for a Smash book page - what a great idea and what a fab page, too. I do know how you feel about scrapbooking, I'm the same with cards - too little space for me to work in!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite - its the big space that scares me!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mel, a great way to start your smash book! Love the colours and your photos are fab. I'm not a scrapbooker either and like you the 'big space' scares me but since I've joined the team I really am enjoying it a lot more :) Great to have you on the team! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Mel - great start to your book! Welcome to the team!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A love the idea of how you've used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete