Friday 30 November 2012

Countdown to Christmas

  I was so chuffed when Lou from Creative Craft World asked me to take part in her "Countdown to Christmas".  Every day in November she and her design team share on their challenge blog a christmas make to get us all in the festive mood.  
  I spotted this on youtube and thought it would be a perfect project to use for my countdown creation!  All you need is five 3x3 inch pieces of card or paper, two 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches pieces, some  narrow ribbon and a bead.  The full instructions can be found here.
   
  The ornament starts off looking like this - you could use it as a cute tag on a present, you pull the bead along the ribbon and the tag pops open.
  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a go at making one!
  

6 comments:

  1. Mel that looks amazing - what a great way of using up 3x3 scraps. I am going to do it as a make and take at our crop on Saturday. :o)
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made a couple of these tonight and they were really easy but don't look quite like yours. Did you fasten all the folded pieces together facing the same way or did you alternate them? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry I've only just spotted your comment,I think I alternated the pieces, I'm so pleased that you had a go at making some!

      Delete
    2. That's OK Mel - I actually became a bit of an expert at these and showed quite a few of my friends how to make them too! They were delighted and I saw quite a few of their efforts decorating Christmas trees near me. Thanks so much for sharing and I'll be looking out for more of your great ideas. PS Happy New Year.

      Delete
    3. Hi Margie, bless you, Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete